Mrs. D'Ambrosio's Webpage
Friday, October 6 - Teacher Institute Day - No school
Monday, October 9 - Holiday; No school
Tuesday, October 17 - Jim Basketball Jones Assembly
Friday, October 20 - Popsicle sale at lunch for $1
Week of Monday, October 23 - Book Fair
Thursday, October 26 - Literacy Night 5:30 - 7:00
Friday, October 27 - Popsicle sale at lunch for $1
Tuesday, October 31 - Fall parties 11:00 - 12:00; Early dismissal at 12:05
Friday, November 3 - End of Quarter 1
Essential Question: What does it mean to adapt?
Novel: Ungifted by Gordon Korman
- L 5.2 – I can demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- RL 5.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- RL 5.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
- RL 5.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, recognizing specific word choices that contribute to meaning and tone.
- RL 5.6 Describe how a narrator's or speaker's point of view influences how events are described
- RI 5.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- RI 5.2 Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text
- RI 5.3 Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text based on specific information in the text
- RI 5.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain- specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area