Welcome To Kindergarten!
Welcome! I am Ms. Gillen, and I am so excited to be your teacher this school year! Please check our class webpage for information throughout the year. If you have any questions for me, please contact me through email or Seesaw!
First Quarter Sight Words:
I, a, an, can, am, look, at, the, they, like, see, me, it
First Quarter "I Can" Statements:
- I can name uppercase and lowercase letters.
- I can say the sound a consonant makes.
- I can quickly read high frequency words.
- I can identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book.
- I can name the author and illustrator of a book and tell you what they do.
- I can tell how illustrations and words match. I can retell a story I have heard including key details.
- I can use drawings to tell about something that happened in order and how I felt about it.
- I can count objects and write the number to show how many.
- I can write numbers 0-20.
- I can say the number as I count each object.
- I can understand that the last number I said is the total number of objects.
- I can count objects and answer questions.
- I can sort objects.
- I can make a number that is less than ten by putting together two groups of pictures or objects.
- I can participate in discussions of local weather conditions to describe patterns over time.
- I can ask questions to gather information about the purpose of weather forecasting to prepare for, and respond to, severe weather.