Mrs. Tiffany Osberg
Dear Parents and Families,
Welcome back to the start of a new school year at Hickory Creek Middle School. This is a start like we've never experienced. I hope you and your family had a restful and enjoyable summer. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Tiffany Osberg and I live with my husband, Adam and three children, Jaxson (8), Carter (6) and Monroe (2).
This is my 12th year teaching and second year at Hickory Creek Middle School. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology from University of Illinois at Chicago and a Master's Degree in Multicategorical Special Education from Saint Xavier University.
I am looking forward to getting to know both you and your student this year, whether it be in person or remotely. Good communication between teacher, parent and student is very important. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. Email is typically the best way to reach me. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.
Also, if you are in one of my co-taught classrooms, please refer to Mrs. Sayles’s webpage (6th grade co-taught math) or Mrs. LeGrand's webpage (6th grade co-taught math) for weekly assignments and additional information.
Looking forward to a wonderful year,
Mrs. Osberg's Daily Schedule
Period 1/2- 6th CT Math (LeGrand)
Period 3/4- 6th CT Math (Sayles)
Period 6/7- 6th Direct Math
REMOTE LEARNING STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
- Daily attendance will be taken every morning in grades PreK-5 and before every class period in grades 6-8
- Students receiving special education services will follow their specialized instruction and related services schedules as determined by case manager
- Take advantage of all learning opportunities provided by teachers
- Be Responsible, Be Respectful and Be Safe while working online
- Be respectful of classmates working from home
- Check your learning platform daily for learning activities from your teachers
- Attend all your teacher’s live lessons
- Be responsible for your district issued device while at home. Do not have food or drink near your device and keep your device in a safe spot while not in use. Charge your device each night.
- If you experience technology issues with your device, please fill out the form here: https://www.fsd157c.org/page?page=416 with your specific issue.
- All handbook rules remain in effect for remote learning
- Students should dress appropriate for school
- Don’t be afraid to ask your teacher(s) any questions you may have. (Please allow a response window of 24 hours)
- Complete and submit your assignments by the assigned due dates
- Check your grades in PowerSchool weekly (grades 3-8)