Welcome back to the start of the 2020-2021 school year! I know things looked different the last six months and will continue to look different as we start the school year remotely. This may bring mixed emotions, but I am hoping this will be the best year yet for Hickory Creek Middle School. I would like to introduce myself to you. My name is Josh Rodig and I live in Monee with my wife, Grace and two children, Malachi (2 years) and Hosanna (3 months).
This is my 6th year teaching but first year at Hickory Creek Middle School. I earned my bachelor’s degree from North Central College and was blessed to work in Plainfield District 202 for my first five years. In Plainfield, I had the opportunity to work with many different learners at all three grade levels. Due to a growing family and a love for the Frankfort area, I was lucky enough to obtain a position here at Hickory Creek!
I am looking forward to getting to know both you and your student this year. My goal is to always be flexible and do whatever it takes to see each student reach his/her full potential. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. Email is typically the fastest way to reach me but I am available to speak on the phone if needed.
Mr. Rodig's Daily Schedule
Period 1/2- 6th CT SS/Sci (Sandowski/Nemeth)
Period 3/4- 6th CT L.A (Cumbee)
Period 6/7- 6th CT SS/Sci (Swierczewski/Schumacher)
(We'll be there for you video)
REMOTE LEARNING STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
- Daily attendance will be taken every morning in grades PreK-5 and before every class period in grades 6-8
- Students receiving special education services will follow their specialized instruction and related services schedules as determined by case manager
- Take advantage of all learning opportunities provided by teachers
- Be Responsible, Be Respectful and Be Safe while working online
- Be respectful of classmates working from home
- Check your learning platform daily for learning activities from your teachers
- Attend all your teacher’s live lessons
- Be responsible for your district issued device while at home. Do not have food or drink near your device and keep your device in a safe spot while not in use. Charge your device each night.
- If you experience technology issues with your device, please fill out the form here: https://www.fsd157c.org/page?page=416 with your specific issue.
- All handbook rules remain in effect for remote learning
- Students should dress appropriate for school
- Don’t be afraid to ask your teacher(s) any questions you may have. (Please allow a response window of 24 hours)
- Complete and submit your assignments by the assigned due dates
- Check your grades in PowerSchool weekly (grades 3-8)