|Teacher Chris Meade - Fifth Grade (Send e-mail)|
Week of May 20 - May 24
~~ We will be working hard on our Colonial Market projects this week. Students are typing their final reports at school. The final drafts of the reports and the dioramas will be on display at our Colonial Market on May 29th.
~~ We are writing DARE essays this week. The essays give the students an opportunity to reflect on what they've learned in the program.
~~We continue to observe our Wisconsin Fast Plants as they come to the end of their growth cycle. The plants have been pollinated and new seed pods have begun to form. Soon we will be able to harvest the seeds so next year's class can watch the plant cycle again.
~~Colonial Market products are due on Friday, May 24th. All other aspects of the Colonial Market project will be completed at school.
~~ Friday, May 24 is an Early Dismissal Day. Students will leave at noon. There is no school on Monday, May 27. Happy Memorial Day!
~~Upcoming dates to remember:
* Friday, May 24 - Noon Dismissal
* Monday, May 27 - No School Memorial Day
* Tuesday, May 28 - DARE Luncheon. Every fifth grader receives a slice of Aurelio's pizza and a can of pop
* Wednesday, May 29 - Colonial Market; Parents may view displays from 12:45 - 1:15
* Thursday, May 30 - Field Day. Fifth graders participate from 12:30 - 2:00.
* Friday, May 31 - Tug of War
This week in classMonday
* Learning Lab -Finish Colonial Market and DARE reports
* Reading - "When Washington Crossed the Delaware"
* Math - Review Common Core State Standards for fifth grade; Math facts incentive day
* ABC Countdown - "Q" Quiet Day - We will communicate non verbally for part of the day.
* G - Day, Specials in morning. All library books are due for the year
* Reading - "When Washington Crossed the Delaware" Inference skills
*ABC Countdown "R" Day - Reading Day (students will be given extended independent reading time)
* DARE - Final lesson of the year
* Reading - Poetry analysis
* Science - Plant growth and development
* Social Studies - Work on Colonial Market projects
* Social Studies - Colonial Market projects
* Reading - Compare George Washington to King George III.
* Colonial Market products due.
* Social Studies - Learn about the writing of the Constitution
Education Foundation Dinner/Auction
Step Up Night Boot Camp Evening at HCMS
Mrs. Meade's Class Field Trip to Isle la Cache
5th Grade trip to HCMS for Spring Musical
Downloads List5th Gr Homework Framework.pdf [9/7/2011]
Birthday Treat Policy [9/24/2012]
Earth Week Activities [4/16/2013]
Education Foundation Save the Date Flyer [2/4/2013]
Family Fitness Night [2/11/2013]
Genre Study - Fantasy/Sci Fiction project description [12/4/2012]
Moon Project description [12/4/2012]
Cool LinksKids Science Challenge
Spelling City (search Christine Meade)
Storytown Reading Series (User name is tsmith for Tim Smith. Password is same as tech password)