|Amy Brandner - Kindergarten (Send e-mail)|
Hello, Kindergarten families! I'm Mrs. Brandner (pronounced Brad-ner), & am honored to be your child's teacher! We're going to have an incredible year of learning, growing, & having fun! :-)
We have 23 wonderful friends in class this year: 12 boys & 11 girls.
Thank you for checking our website often for important dates, reminders, I CAN statements, & our classroom newsletter!
*** Take-Home Folders come home each day containing important notes & completed work.
Please be sure to empty folders each night, & send in any info/notes back to me via the folder!
(Please see the Remind 101 downloadable page to sign up for instant text alerts from me!)
*** Specials do NOT occur every Mon., Tue., etc.... Instead, they'll fall on a T, I, G, E, or R day. When we're off school, it's a NO LETTER day.
T day: P.E. & Technology
I day: P.E.
G day: P.E & Library
E day: P.E. & Music
R day: P.E. & Art
P.E.: every day! Please have gym shoes at school. Lunch: 11:20-11:40, then Recess: 11:40-12:00
I CAN statements break down objectives into learning targets students can read & understand.
1st Quarter I canís:
* I can name uppercase and lowercase letters.
* I can say the sound a consonant makes.
* I can quickly read high frequency words.
* I can put letters together to make words.
* I can put words together to make a sentence,
* I can identify the first letter of a word.
* I can break up words into parts.
* I can hear and say sounds that rhyme.
* I can identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book.
* I can name the author and illustrator of a book and tell you what they do.
* I can tell how illustrations and words match. I can retell a story I have heard including key details.
* I can use drawings to tell about something that happened in order and how I felt about it.
* I can count objects and write the number to show how many.
* I can write numbers 0-20.
* I can say the number as I count each object.
* I can understand that the last number I said is the total number of objects.
* I can count objects and answer questions.
* I can sort objects.
* I can make a number that is less than ten by putting together two groups of pictures or objects.
* I can participate in discussions of local weather conditions to describe patterns over time.
* I can ask questions to gather information about the purpose of weather forecasting to prepare for, and respond to, severe weather.
This week in classMonday
9/18: E day - P.E. & Music
9/19: R day - P.E. & Art
* Fall Running Club continues! *
* FIELD TRIP DAY! Heading to Dollinger's farm! *
* Please make sure to eat a BIG breakfast, & pack a snack for when we return!
* Please bring a sack lunch that's 100% DISPOSABLE! No pop, please! *
9/20: T day - P.E. & Technology
9/21: I day - P.E. & Science activity
* Education Foundation hot lunch. If your child ordered hot lunch, please still send in a snack *
9/22: G day - P.E. & Library
* Don't forget to bring back your library book! *
* Practice fire drill *
FSP Spiritwear deadline & Popsicle sale during lunch for $1
Hot lunch begins!
Field Trip to Dollinger's Pumpkin Farm!
Early Dismissal! 11:20 -- School Improvement Day
NO SCHOOL - Columbus Day
End of Q1!
Report Cards come home! Please sign & return the envelope. I will reuse these each qtr. Thank you!
Downloads ListBox Top Sheet [8/26/2016]
Brandner Bulletin: September '17 [9/11/2017]
Classroom Behavior Information [9/2/2017]
Curriculum Night PowerPoint! [8/21/2017]
GP September Newsletter [9/5/2017]
Kindergarten No Excuse Words.pdf [8/21/2016]
Remind 101 sign up steps [9/5/2017]
Sight Word Fun & Games! [10/2/2016]
State of the District [1/24/2017]
Words Their Way - Parent Letter [12/4/2016]
Cool LinksABCYa - Educational Games & apps for kids!
Dr. Seuss presents: Seussville!
Fun ways to practice sight words!
FunBrain - Reading & math adventures for kids!
Raz-Kids: Online guided reading program with interactive ebooks, downloadable books, & reading quizzes.
Scholastic Book Order
Starfall: Phonics, Reading, & Math Practice
Vowel Bat - by Shari Sloane
Zearn! Have fun with math games anywhere!